Thursday 30 May 2013

The Smiler!!!!!


Here is my look based on The Smiler at Alton Towers, which you can recreate for when it opens. I will be there on Sunday the 2nd of June in this makeup so see if you can spot me! Today I will be taking you through step by step how to recreate this look.
1. Make sure your skin is clean and moisturised ready to put your normal foundation and concealer routine on later.
2. Put a eye primer all over the eyelid and under the eye slightly, we don't want this moving anywhere!
3. Place a bright yellow eyeshadow on the lid stopping at the crease, I used colour 370 by Inglot.

4. I then took Black Ink by Bobbi Brown and a fine eyeliner and created a dramatic elongated wing.

5. To add dimension to the eye I then took a lime green and blended this into the crease and along the top of the wing, I used 343 by Inglot. 

6. Then put your mascara on, if you are planning to wear this to a theme park I suggest wearing a waterproof one!
7. After that clean up under your eyes if you have any fallout of the powder eyeshadow and/or mascara smudges.
8. This is now the time you would do your usual foundation routine, being careful not to disturb your eye makeup.
9. Now take a white eyeliner and trace from the the lower inner corner of the eye to the point where the wing of the black eyeliner ends keeping the white line under the black at all times, I used Fascinating by MAC. 
10. Now use a black eyeliner to line and fill in your lips, I like to use Urban Decays 24/7 liner in Perversion as it's really long lasting and really black. 

11. Then take a black lipstick I used Black Knight by MAC but this was limited edition, you could use Stiletto by Lime Crime or Tarred by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. 

12. Then to finish the look off take a natural flush to dolly pink blush and really smile until your apples of your cheeks really pop and just apply the blush here, I used Naked Rose by Illamasqua. 


I would love to see some of my readers wear this look, so if you do try it do send me a tweet with your photo to ExpensivePink90 on twitter! And remember Smile ALWAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment